Sympathy gift baskets are a traditional way to express your deepest condolences. Planet Gift Baskets has created a beautiful line of baskets that range from low to high budget, masculine to feminine and cover a wide variety of tastes.
You are sure to find a gift that reflects your utmost sympathy for their loss. Most gifts can presented with personalized satin ribbon for that extra special touch. You may also choose one of our sympathy keepsakes, gift books or other items that can be included inside your basket.
How To Choose The Best Sympathy Gift Basket For Your Recipient
Choosing a sympathy gift basket can be difficult for most people They want to express their condolences but are not sure of any etiquette that must be followed to ensure the best possible reaction from their recipient. Planet Gift Baskets has developed a few tips to help make sure your gift is remembered with joy and thoughtfulness.
- Be aware of any religious or cultural differences that may differ from your own. For example, you may feel great comfort when seeing a greeting card with an angel or a photo of Jesus. Someone of a different faith may not have the same reaction to seeing such images. Call a family member or friend of the bereaved and ask if you are not sure. If you are unable to ask, leave these types of products out of your sympathy gift basket. A good alternative is something with the words, “hope or love.” These terms are universal.
Include a fond memory you may have shared with the deceased in your gift message. Thinking of their loved one in a fond way can help ease the pain, even for a short while. Everyone loves to know that their loved one has also touched the lives of others in a positive way.
- Check for any diet restrictions your recipient may have. Some elderly or ill people cannot have chocolates and sweets that are popular in gift baskets. If there are any dietary restrictions, look for baskets that contain sugar free and/or gluten free products. Most gift basket companies would be more than happy to assist you with these needs.
- Choose sympathy gift baskets that contain some type of keepsake or item that your recipient can enjoy long after the gourmet foods are gone. A picture frame, sympathy gift book or plaque are good choices. These items help them remember their loved one as well as the person that sent them such a heartwarming gift.
- Most importantly, be sure to send something or call the bereaved. Sometimes we don’t know what to say in a sensitive time like this. Don’t let that stop you from showing your love and support. As time passes,you will be glad you took the time to offer your condolences.
- Follow up your sympathy gift basket with a phone call or greeting card. Let them know you truly care about their well being and healing process. If it is a coworker or someone you do not know well, a greeting card or email letting them know they are in your thoughts would be truly appreciated.