Kid-Friendly Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets or Strips
An Easy Gluten Free version of Chicken Nuggets.
The key to quick and easy chicken nuggets or strips is using chicken breast tenders. My kids love this recipe and we heat the leftovers int he oven the next day. (Microwaving them will leave them less crisp)
2 Cups of finely crushed cornflakes. ( I use Gluten Free Nature's Path, Erewhon)
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper (black or white)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or smokey pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg (white only)
1 pound of chicken tenders
1/4 cup of coconut oil or if you prefer canola oil
1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl or plastic bag.
2. Beat the egg white till foamy.
3. Put your tender in the egg white wash and then the cornflake mixture. Coat as evenly as you can.
4. Heat your oil in a pan or skillet and fry your chicken until golden brown. Turn once. 5 minutes per side.
5. Drain on a paper towel and add additional seasonings, if needed.
We like to serve this with a garden salad and fresh fruit. My kids love strawberries and spinach, so we often just make a quick Strawberry Spinach Salad to go with this dinner.